Join us in protest of capitalist/hetero-sexist/hetero-normative traditions of Valentine’s Day by coming out to see or play in your favorite riot grrrl bands!
The show will be at Death By Audio (49 S. 2nd street, Williamsburg BK) on Tuesday, Febuary 14th, 2012.
This year, we will leave it up to YOU to decide which bands play the show!
How it works:
– Email your band submissions to Carolanne at email@example.com no later than November 4th, 2011. Keep your bands in the vein of Riot Grrrl. You don’t need to have your band fully formed in order to submit; sometimes people decide on their bands and then figure out the details of who will play in your band, who’s playing what, etc.
– On November 6th, we will send out an online poll/survey monkey with all the bands that have been submitted; you will have until November 18th to voice your opinion. The 7 most voted bands will be playing this show this year!
* note: we will consider who hasn’t been able to play yet, and who has played numerous times in the past few years. We want to keep this fresh and make sure that people who haven’t played before are able to.
– We will officially announce the lineup on November 24th, 2011. This gives you a little over 2 months to get your band ready for the show!
Deciding on what bands will play is always difficult. If only we could do this all the time! We’re excited to try this new, more democratic approach. The question of who will get these email blasts is of course an issue, and it’s hard to get as many people as we want to- we only know so many people! So we need your help in forwarding this email and the survey widely, so to include as many people as possible who are interested in this sort of thing.
Do you have a business/organization/activist group/art/whatever that’s diy/feminist-minded, and would like to have a presence at the show?
How it works:
– Email your submission to Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18th and tell us what your table will look like!
– We will announce tables along with the band lineup on November 24th.
*Keep in mind that we can only have about 6 tables. Just like with the band lineup, we encourage tables that haven’t tabled before at the Anti-Valentine’s day shows before. Keepin’ it fresh!
– Kathi, Kat and Carolanne
Bands that have not been covered yet strongly encouraged!!!
Babes in Toyland
Heavens to Betsy
Cold Cold Hearts